Full-Stack Developer (PL450) (2)
RemoteMarkham, Ontario, Canada
Paralucent is a boutique technology project delivery and staffing company that has had tremendous success over the past 19 years. We are a passionate group that has been focused on execution, delivery, and client satisfaction.
Our client is a leader in process and productivity improvement through data analytics focusing on call centres, back office and retail sales.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work in an Agile environment where you will execute the development tasks end to end. From the initial feature planning phase to the post-deployment monitoring, you will be discovering, evaluating, and implementing the right technologies that allow maximizing development efficiency.
Your mission is to build efficient and reliable code that will enhance the Compas application platform's features with the best quality. You will lead the development of new features and modules, work closely with other areas of the organization so that we can provide the best value for clients. In this role you will:
• Lead by example and develop the team members - help them grow and to adapt.
• Take on more responsibilities and own their share of the product.
• Provide hands-on development by delivering quality code as needed within the workstream.
• Manage the entire product life cycle of your domain.
• Stay up to date with innovative technologies.
• Be responsible for the team's deliveries.
• Responsible (together with the team members) for the infrastructure platform, it is up-time, architecture & scale.
• Strong background in web-based application design and development in enterprise environments.
• Proven experience in development frameworks, Angular 12+, building advanced web user applications.
• Experience with HTML and CSS.
• Experience with the Microsoft Stack, .Net 6 and MVC
• Experience in SQL, database concepts, dimensional modelling, and database design.
• Experience with data movement and manipulation
• Experience with SQL stored procedure development
• Ability to develop APIs to access stored data as needed.
• Experience with web application performance optimization and codebase refactoring as needed.
• Thorough understanding of VSTS, Microsoft Azure DevOps and Git code management
• Ability to manage and deploy applications in the full stack, IIS (Web Servers, Middleware, UI, APIs and Databases (MS-SQL)
• Experience in a highly available, highly scalable, uptime-critical production environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Experience with DevOps pipelines and manifests creation for code deployments to target environments
• Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex software architectural concepts, trade-offs, and business value (the why and the how!) to both seasoned developers and non-technical business partners with ease
Nice to have
• Experience working with Microservices or server-less oriented architecture - a major advantage.
• Understanding of Azure Cloud would be an asset Additional factors
• Working closely with Product Management, helping to translate business and functional requirements into actionable work for the team.
• Leading by example to create highly functional and optimized code and sharing that expertise via code-reviews.
• With eye to quality, monitoring, performance, and security (we are faster overall because the accumulation of technical debt is minimized).
• Highly motivated and committed to achieving and accomplishing your goals.
• Driven to achieve organizational success.
• Self-learner. Focused on continual improvement and growth.
• Open, transparent, and honest
• With a strong can-do attitude and orientated to achieving success together as a team.