Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (PL554)
RemoteToronto, Ontario, Canada
Duration: 6 months
Location: Canada (remote)
We are is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Project Manager to manage a variety of projects for the organization, including but not limited to critical infrastructure security and cloud projects.
Collaborative, resourceful and highly organized, the successful candidate will lead project teams comprised of Subject Matter Experts from across IT (i.e. Technology and Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, Project and Portfolio Services, IT Financial Management) and work closely with other service areas of the Firm.
Infrastructure knowledge and experience is required, including understanding of infrastructure technologies (Server Hardware/Software, Virtual and Cloud infrastructure concepts, Networks, Cyber-Security etc.)
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure Projects, the incumbent will possess strong organizational, leadership, negotiation, analysis, project management, oral and written communication skills.
Primary responsibilities and activities:
• Demonstrate project management expertise through management of medium to large projects of varying complexity
• Identify, quantify, and document high level risks, assumptions, constraints and dependencies with related projects
• Develop project scope, define deliverables, obtain consensus and manage stakeholder expectations
• Manage change requests and control scope through effective execution of plan
• Direct, manage and coordinate team member activities and expectations, including collaboration with all project stakeholders from Business areas, internal and external consultants, contractors, and vendors
• Effectively deploy physical, financial and human resources
• Ensure project deliverable creation, review, approval and distribution
• Champion strong governance; establish, monitor and enforce roles and responsibilities; effectively manage project stakeholders' expectations
• Resolve complex issues and conflicts; escalate appropriately as required
• Oversee and guide stakeholders through change according to impact on process, technology, policy and people
• Provide reporting tailored to various audiences according to complexity, risk and stakeholder reporting requirements
• Formally close project and release team resources
• Track project costs in order to meet budget
10+ years experience managing large, complex, cross-functional Infrastructure projects.
10+ years experience utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
Proven expertise in project estimation, planning, tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as status reporting.
Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, and presentation of metrics.
Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to take a project/initiative/program from ideation and organize a plan.
Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and mentor team members.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Business/IT.
PMP/Prince 2 certification preferred.
Agile/Scrum master certification a plus.
Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, and Excel.
Strong MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.